Quality Aluminum Forge
Client & Engagement Overview
- Client was a leader in forging small, complex aluminum parts for the aerospace & defense industries.
- Principal focus on providing parts for commercial and defense aircraft.
- Typical products include structural components, landing gear, and engine nacelle applications.
- Client seeking a sale transaction where the CEO/President quickly transitioned out of the business.
- Concentration with a leading aerospace manufacturer.
- Ongoing transition of management responsibilities from the owners to middle level management.
- Head of sales & marketing passed away during the sale process.
- Company was reliant on older forging equipment.
- Approached over 230 strategic and financial buyers, both domestic and foreign.
- Received 14 initial indications of interest and 4 final offers.
- Trefethen’s bankers successfully negotiated sale of business to a strategic buyer, SIFCO Industries.