Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc.
Client & Engagement Overview
- Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc. is one of the leading convenience store operators in the world.
- Prior to 2003, ACT operations were limited to Canada. At that time, ACT made the strategic decision to enter the U.S. market.
- Trefethen professionals developed and implemented an acquisition strategy for ACT.
- Services included: target identification, valuation, transaction structuring, negotiation and capital procurement to complete the transactions.
- Management of Corporate Development function across eight geographic units within a decentralized organization.
- Identification and targeting acquisition opportunities in the highly fragmented convenience store sector.
- Over an eight-year period we completed 23 transactions totaling approximately 3,300 stores.
- Today ACT is one of the largest company-owned operator of convenience stores in the world with over 16,000 stores.
- In the U.S., ACT has more than 6,160 stores which are located in 41 states.